Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Friday, January 26, 2007

A Personal Note

Here we are, finally coming together as a powerful force in the literary world, with people, even publishers, asking about how they can "partner" with us. So what do I get? Well, I'm thrilled, but let me tell you about the physical side of what I recently received.

Last night had to be the coldest night so far this season. When I got to my computer this morning the little digital thingy that tells me the outside temperature read 6 degrees. In an hour it had raise a full degree to 7 degrees. What really makes this special is that last night, somewhere around 10:30 and 11:00 PM I noticed our funace wasn't going on. I tried relighting the pilot, but it wouldn't stay lit. Finally, with the smell of propane filling our trailer, we decided to let the matter rest with the propane company. It appears that our check for the last propane refill did not clear. We had no idea at all about that, then late last night, of all nights, the tanks emptied out letting us endure the coldest night this winter with little more than an aluminum shelter of our trailer and two very small space heaters.

Our worries weren't over. The smell of propane gas continued to increase. I was afraid of even lighting a candle. My wife was afraid to let me sleep for fear that I wouldn't wake up. Apparantly there's a way to shut off the gas line when the tanks go empty. I wish I knew that, but I'm mechanically challanged.

My prayer was "God keep us safe and don't let us get sick or a fire start in the house." The Lord heard our prayers. Although we endured a miserably cold night and most of the day, He kept us safe. It was around 2:30 PM when we finally had our tanks refilled. The service man was worried about us. It seems we forgot to turn off any of the pilots and gaseous propane had filled our humble abode. Still, we were able to relight everything and when the heat finally came on it was like witnessing God's first miracle.

So I wish to all of you, a very warm, safe and joyful time during these otherwise cold and dreary winter days. Cling always to the truth that "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

You know something? For a fiction writer I keep finding reality much, much stranger than fiction. God bless you all.

David Brollier

2 comments:

Grace Bridges said...

You live in a trailer? I'm confused.
It's darn cold here too. We have electric heating and the central apartment in the building - though it means we miss out on side windows, it stays pretty warm even if the heating goes off. I'm watching snow fall out the window right now...

David said...

Yes, Grace, a trailer, or to be politically correct, a "mobile home". The entire outer is no thicker than 6 inches if it's that thick. This is comprised of the aluminum outer shell over partical board (3/4 inches thick) spaced every 16 to 18 inches by 2x2. The inner layers are sheet rock or something of that kind. In the 3-4 inch center between the inner and out parts of the wall is a flimsy layer of insulation. In the winter it gets very cold and is a bummer to keep warm. Think living in a refigerater and you'll have an idea of what it can get like. In the summer it's just the opposite. It's like living in a stove that's always on. The sun beats on the roof of the trailer and south side effectively keeping the house hot until the wee hours of the morning.

Yet, it has served us well. We raised both of our kids here and at one point housed a woman and four of her kids with our own brew until she could get her own place. It's not the building that makes a home, it's the heart.

Pageviews past week