Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Sunday, February 04, 2007

LIGHT AT THE EDGE OF DARKNESS - Day 2



Light at the Edge of Darkness - Day Two
compiled by Cynthia MacKinnon

On this the 2nd day of our blog tour for LIGHT AT THE EDGE OF DARKNESS I'd like to do something a little different and see how it works. My favorites: I'll break them down, a day at a times and hope that you will get hooked enough to go out and buy a copy of this great book.

For today let's look at the story "Allison". Unfortunately I cannot go into it as much as I would like because it would ruin the story for you. The way the story is woven pulls you into the fantastic, then into one of those "What if?" scenarios. You can almost see Allison and her friends. You feel for her. She wants to see her mother, but it hasn't been possible. Now a way has been made for her to have a brief visit and she's looking forward to it. She's also nervous. She hopes her mother will like her. This story is the absolute best story I've ever read that talks about just how much God loves us. It is never preachy, but it will grab at your heart.

Well that's my bit for today. For another great review, done from another angle and therefore giving out some other information visit Virtual Book Tour de Net

Don't forget to visit Dan I. Weaver's blog at: http://www.danieliweaver.com/blog/


Also don't miss THE LOST GENRE GUILD blog where these writers came from; Their blog is at http://lostgenre.blogspot.com/



3 comments:

cyn said...

Allison is a wonderfully touching story. There are some who may not approve of author Deborah Cullins-Smith taking a leap into describing what heaven may or may not be like for babies -- but isn't that what speculative fiction is all about?

Daniel I Weaver said...

I doubt there's a person out there who hasn't imagined heaven. Allison is a great tale, if for no other reason than sharing Deborah's vision.

Mirtika said...

Okay, good, I commented prematurely in the Day one (got it on google alert, the link), and didn't realize you'd started with more specifics.

I still don't get a good gist of the story, but I look forward to your comments on the book as the month continues.

Mir

Pageviews past week