Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Sunday, March 04, 2007

THE CHRONICLES OF SOONE: HEIR TO THE KING

Day 2



I'd like to look at some things about HEIR TO THE KING that seems to me important to do so. For you won't find Jesus mentioned in there. References to God seem to be scarce. Yet this is an important work of Christian fiction. Let me explain.



To begin with, the tale is just that, a tale, a story. It happens on a planet that doesn't even know earth exists so the mention of Jesus would be out of place. Yet, the Biblical themes are abundant. The very title talks about the coming of a new king. Isn't this what the Bible is about, Jesus, the King of kings. Look at how Jesus ascended to this kingship. When you do you will see how there is a similarity between Kale and Jesus. I'm not saying Kale is divine or anything like that, but that you can understand Jesus a bit better when you understand Kale.



That's not the only thing. Pay attention to the transformation that takes place in Tiet Soone's life and it will remind you of how we, as Christians, begin to mature and become more like Jesus. I'm only scratching the surface here because I don't want to give away too much of the story. All I can say is that when you read this book you are doing two things, you are enjoying a wonderfully crafted tale, and you are learning some of the basic truths about God. You'll do that because you are in the story and not realizing that teaching is going on. Don't read it to be taught, but to enjoy. For Jesus would have us enjoy Him much the same way. And when we spend time with our Lord, enjoying His presence we find that we learn many things needed to walk this Christian walk.




Don't miss out on checking his site at Breakneck Books

1 comment:

cyn said...

Great information on Chronicles of Soone. I wasn't "on the ball" enough to realize I didn't have a copy of Chronicles in time to read and review it—so I've linked the LGG blog post to your review.

—cyn
www.lostgenreguild.com

Pageviews past week