Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

THE CHRONICLES OF SOONE: HEIR TO THE KING

Day 3



Okay, so maybe you're wondering how I rated this work. That's a fair question, and while you could go to Amazon and read my review I've decided to post it here.



THE CHRONICLES OF SOONE: HEIR TO THE KING, by Rev. James Somers is a no-stop roller-coaster ride of adventure, terror, love and hate. The plot starts out pretty straight-forward, but then does an odd, but enjoyable twist. Soon the reader becomes caught up in a maze of adventure, battles, wisdom, love, hate and sorrow that is hard to find elsewhere. For his first novel this is a most remarkable story. It is in some ways simple and straight-forward, yet in others it is almost unbearably complex. As a mystery writer I like the fact that I couldn't quite get a handle on the story. I mean, I could never predict what was coming next. With the introduction of new terms, that make their way into your vocabulary as if you'd know them all your life, the clan of Barudii warriors and the races of Castaillan, Vorn and Baruk all seem to make sense. I would love to say more, but if I did I'm afraid I would start giving away pieces of the story that would take away from your uncovering them for yourself. Treat this story like a gold mine in which you have found a vein of gold. As you follow that vein and mine it just as it seems to thin out and threaten to disappear altogether it breaks open into a new and larger vein. And this Somers is able to keep up throughout this epic novel. You just know the next one is going to be just as fantastic. - David Brollier; author of THE 3RD COVENANT



(You're wondering why I didn't give it a 5? That's because of some mechanical problems with the writing that the editors failed to pick up on or imposed on his otherwise great story. Otherwise it would definitely have been a 5)




Don't miss out on checking his site at Breakneck Books

2 comments:

James Somers said...

I just wanted to say thanks to David and everyone at CFRB for your effort on behalf of The Chronicles of Soone.
Samples from upcoming novels can be found on my personal blog www.jamessomers.blogspot.com including the second Chronicles book!

James Somers said...

I just wanted to say thanks to David and everyone at CRFB for your efforts on behalf of The Chronicles of Soone...and if you're interested, samples from upcoming novels are posted regularly on my blog www.jamessomers.blogspot.com including the second chronicles novel coming soon!

Pageviews past week