Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Monday, July 02, 2007

TRUE LIGHT, by Terri Blackstock

Day 3 Tuesday



The Testimony that powers the Writer.


With her permission, I'd like to re-post Terri's testimony. It's not one of those, “I killed 18 people and then I accepted Jesus,” kind of testimonies. It's one that I can relate to on a personal basis. Perhaps you can too.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


In many ways, I could be described as a Prodigal Daughter, even though I never openly rebelled against God.
I was raised in the church, baptized at 10, and saved at 14. I walked closely with Christ through my teen years. However, as I reached college age, I grew lukewarm in my faith. Though I attended church, I stopped praying and reading the Bible, and I focused more on things of the world than on spiritual things.


When I began writing romance novels in 1982, I struggled briefly over whether to write books that dealt openly with sex. I managed to rationalize it, however, and when my work became popular, I told myself that God was making it all happen.


When my 13-year marriage ended in 1990, it was a terrible tragedy for me, but I now believe God used it to help me turn back to Him. I moved back to my hometown, where I found a church that offered a divorce recovery ministry and an active singles program. Through that ministry, I began getting my life back on track. I met my husband, Ken, through the church and we married in 1992.


But I still wasn't able to give up my romance writing. I told myself I was reaching more people that way than I could writing Christian fiction. I disregarded the fact that what I was writing was helping no one -- in fact, my work was full of lies that pointed people away from God instead of to Him.


In 1994, Ken realized he had never had more than an intellectual knowledge of Jesus. He came to know Christ as his Lord and Savior, and became the spiritual leader that I had yearned for all my life.


Ken's example rekindled my own fire for Christ. I finally saw that my work was an obstacle between Christ and me, and a stumbling block for others. It didn't matter how many people read my work; if I couldn't tell them what I knew -- what would solve their problems and change their lives -- it was of no good.


Since I've made my commitment to write books that glorify God, He has opened door after door for me. I am excited about using my gift to challenge other Christians and point unbelievers to Him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Thank you for sharing that with us Terri. Personally, I feel the attack against the 'good' kids in the church goes unnoticed until things get way off track. I have dealt with this 'falling away' and 'returning home' just as Terri has. Although my story is a bit different, the main theme is the same ... God's love isn't limited by our understanding of Him. He is still the Father awaiting the return of His prodigal child. This we find difficult to understand. We find it hard to understand why He would love us at all. Yet the comfort, the renewal, the joy we receive when we finally return to our Master's side cannot be measured. In sharing this I hope that if there is one out there who feels they have slipped out of God's hand and are no longer reachable ... think again. As it says in Psalm 103, “He knows our frame, that we are but dust.” He awaits your return, just as He did for me and for Terri. Don't delay. You'll only really know true joy and peace when you return home. Thank God Jesus paved the way for us. - David Brollier




Featured at Amazon


Be sure to visit Terri's website and find out a lot more about her and her writing than you'll find here. Terri Blackstock: Up All Night Fiction

2 comments:

Daniel I Weaver said...

It's sad to see how many people have this same testimony (or some version of it). I, like both of you, exist among those ranks with my own version of the tale. It just goes to show that we cannot out-sin God's grace and if we let Him, He will use us for His will. Thank you for sharing this. I can only hope and pray that what we do can 1. help those wandering souls find their way home, and 2. make the difference in some young life teetering on the edge and learning toward the wide, wicked path of the world.

God Bless,
Dan

Terri Blackstock said...

Thanks for posting my testimony, David. I sure hope God will use it to bring His prodigals home!

Pageviews past week