Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

FLASHPOINT, by Frank Creed

Day 3 Tuesday



We meet some fascinating characters along the way. We are first introduced to David and Jen Williams in a way that depicts them just as we are, in totally flawed humanity, fearful and weak. They have one thing going for them, although when we meet them it seems to be that very thing that causes all their problems. That thing is that they are Christians. So, flaws and all, Jesus is their righteousness. However, it is because of this they are enemies of One State, the universal society that has taken over the world.



They are just about to get captured or worse when we meet Legacy. He makes his entrance with all the bravado of an old western gunslinger or one of those kung fu characters, or maybe a combination of both. What he does is, well, you'll have to read it for yourselves. Legacy, we learn, is a “Sandman” working for a “Muscle Cell” of the Body of Christ in Chicago. He's their protector, guide, and, by gosh if he isn't their uncle as well.



As you read FLASHPOINT you will get the feeling of a certain freshness of these characters. They're not the stamped images of many characters you find in other novels. These people are real, well, as real as they can be. That's why I started this tour with a message from Calamity Kid. If you'll read the first post again you'll see just how real Calamity Kid feels. This is that very special element that Frank Creed carries throughout the book. I hope you come to love these characters as much as I do. I know you'll love the story.




Sold with the big boys at Amazon Books


Don't miss out on checking this site at Make Room for FLASHPOINT


Yellow 30 Sci-Fi's July Feature book and 2008 Pluto nominee
Feature Author, Frank Creed


You also may be interested in the Yellow30 Sci-Fi review
Their review of FLASPOINT

2 comments:

Frank Creed said...

David--
I'll put down a plot driven novel. The best fiction needs characters, and first-person is the strongest vehicle.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Calamity Kid and e-Girl. If I could figure out what so many readers love about Legacy, I'd bottle it and retire. I suspect it's his confidence, but I just don't know.

Characterization is everything.


Faith,
f

David said...

I think the plot should be an awesome idea, but it always takes the characters to pull it off. Frequently, I'll start writing something and my character will say, "Hold on there Dave. I don't do that." or "That's cool, but I wanna do this over here." So off we go. Most of my plot twists are the inventions of my characters.

David Brollier
THE 3RD COVENANT
http://freewebs.com/sonburst

Pageviews past week