Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Faith Awakened - Day 1




FAITH AWAKENED, by Grace Bridges

Day 1 Sunday



It is my great pleasure to meet some fantastic writers. I mean, yeah I put in some really odd hours, but it's been worth it. Last month we toured Frank Creed's amazing work, FLASHPOINT. This month, we again turn our eyes towards the “what ifs?” of end times with FAITH AWAKENED, by Grace Bridges. I invite all of you to visit her media page on the Faith Awakened site. Grace hasn't just put together a fantastic story, she's created some interesting videos, and even written and recorded songs she's used in the book (which you can listen to as MP3 files).

A little boast on my part before we get to the book. Grace was either the first or one of the first members of the Lost Genre Guild to join the Christian Fiction Review Blog. I have a sneaky suspicion that she started spreading the word about CFRB and suddenly our ranks grew. It wasn't just the numbers joining, but the dedication of the people joining that impressed me. If you really want to find some dedicated writers, then visit the Lost Genre Guild at http://lostgenreguild.com Just to show you how influential Grace has been by introducing LGG members to CFRB let's recap a bit:

LIGHT AT THE EDGE OF DARKNESS – LGG
INFINITE SPACE, INFINITE GOD – LGG
THE DUKE'S HANDMAID – LGG
FLASHPOINT – LGG
and now FAITH AWAKENED - LGG

Knowing me I've probably missed someone. My sincere apologies. But as you can see, LGG members have taken up nearly half of the tours. That's not because we won't tour other works, but we always give members the first option. I actually had Grace Bridges scheduled for August at one point. We finally made it.

Not only has she been instrumental in helping both LGG and CFRB (and I suspect a couple other groups), but during the last tour she made her post as she was flying from Germany to New Zealand. Now, to me, that's dedication. She could easily have said, “Gosh, Dave. I'd love to get involved, but I'll be flying back to New Zealand at that time.” I would have understood. She knows I would have, but she posted anyway.

Why am I saying all of this? Because, more than any book I've read since CFRB started, it really helps to know a little about the author. Her references to Ireland and Germany come from firsthand knowledge. Reflections of her own struggles and triumphs are neatly tucked into this masterpiece. Read and enjoy!!!




On sale at Lulu Books


Check out her main website at Grace Bridges – The Future is What You Make It


You won't want to miss her blog either at
Grace Bridges' Blog


The best site for information, pics, audios, etc, however, can be found at
Faith Awakened

4 comments:

GarthTrekker said...

Congrats to Grace on both the book and the blogtour. My blurb and review is up at Bloggin' Outloud. Lyn

Grace Bridges said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace Bridges said...

Thanks David for the great kickstart! Here are the first reviews to appear elsewhere on the Web:

Caprice Hokstad's blog

Cathi Hassan's blog

Carole McDonnell's blog

AND... the big surprise of the day... Faith Awakened has appeared at Amazon!
Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1430311118/

This is actually a real miracle as we had a few glitches in the publishing process during October, and yet it has appeared at the planned time.

It's not too late to take part. You can download the e-book free from http://stores.lulu.com/grace1034 - if you write an original review (at least 200 words) and post it, I will send you a free copy of the book! Or a T-shirt, mousepad, soundtrack CD... whichever you prefer.

I'm greatly looking forward to the rest of the week with you all! Hugs all round :)

David said...

Thanks to all for your jumping in real quick on this blog tour. Let's pray that the rest follow your example. You're the greatest bunch of people I know, and I'm proud to know you.

David

Pageviews past week