Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Thursday, November 08, 2007

FAITH AWAKENED



by Grace Bridges

Day 5 Thursday



Now I'm going to embarrass Grace Bridges, by a very special post. I've known writers to write poems and use them to embellish their stories, but Grace has taken this a step further. Instead of being satisfied with poems she has written songs. Here they are, four of them in all.




Awaken Me (Chapter 3)



Awaken me, be the light in my eyes.

Awaken me, be the strength in my hands.

Awaken me, be the joy in my heart.

Awaken me, awaken me.



Awaken us, be the words that we pray.

Awaken us, be the songs that we sing.

Awaken us, be the lies that we live.

Awaken us, awaken us.




Day's Breaking(Chapter 10)



Day's breaking, awaking inside of me.

Bright morning, light's dawning, ow I am free.

Day's dawning, bright morning, making me see

Light's breaking, awakening. What can it be?



From darkness you have bid me rise.

The sound of my Awakener's voice.

I wll not give up. I will not let go of the life that you give.

I will stand with you. I will never leave your side for as long as I live.




Remember (Chapter 17)



Remember where you are, child

Remember you are mine.

Remember I love you, child

That wont change. It's for all time

Remember I made you, child

Every little part.

Remember that I called you

And you are close to my heart.



Don't forget all the times

When you called and I answered you.

Don't forget how my words light your path

And you know that I'll make

Everything work for you good

Since you gave all your days to my hand



And you know that you're safe

In my arms wherever you go.

And you know that I'll show you the way

Be assured of my love

And my help in all you do.

Be assured that I'll stay by your side.




Give Me Faith (Chapter 19)



God has left me, and I'm alone now.

He doesn't se me any more.

Oh God, my God, oh Lord my God

Why did you leave me?



He has turned his face from my hurting soul.

Have you forgotten about me?

Oh God, my God, oh Lord, my God

Why did you leave me?



And still in my pain, I will look up to him.

I do still believe!

Take me and bring me to you.

Lift me high above this place

Like Job, that I will see your face.



Let me praise you again with a joyful heart.

Then I will thank you, God of wonders.

Oh God, my God, oh Lord, my God

Help me to trust you



Give me faith.



The words of these songs are almost as haunting as those in the Psalms or in the book itself. If you go to your www.faithawakened.com website you can find these songs, hear them, and even download them for your later enjoyment. May each of us have our FAITH AWAKENED.





On sale at Lulu Books


Check out her main website at Grace Bridges – The Future is What You Make It


You won't want to miss her blog either at
Grace Bridges' Blog


The best site for information, pics, audios, etc, however, can be found at
Faith Awakened

4 comments:

Grace Bridges said...

Cheryl's review at Amazon.com

And some other things you might not have seen yet:
Interview with Lena Nelson Dooley about Faith Awakened and other things

Pre-publication reviews at faithawakened.com (some are not yet posted elsewhere)

The Faith Awakened video collection at YouTube

I won't be around to collect links from Friday night - I'm flying back to Germany and I intend to sleep as much as possible on the way. Back to work on Monday... sigh. New Zealand is a wonderful place, everyone. More than that, it's home to me and Lord willing, I will come back and live here next year. Catch you on Sunday!

Grace Bridges said...

Whoops, forgot to link to Lena's interview - here it is.

cathikin said...

This is a nice note (or more) to end the week on! I love the words to these songs! Such a spirit of worship in them.

David said...

This is one of the few stories I've ever read that included songs. J.R.R. Tolkien did some of that, as well as classic story-telling through poetry. Yet, Grace has actually recorded these songs. I've copied them to a CD myself.

David Brollier

Pageviews past week