Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Friday, June 06, 2008

GENTLE JOURNEY, by Elaine Lyons Bach

Day 7. Wrapping it all up.

It's been an interesting journey this tag team tour. And like the title, "Gentle" probably isn't the best way to describe it. Yet watching people jump in and do more than their share is fantastic.

You have to wonder if it's because of the talent that went into constructing this romance, a period romance I might add. I know I've said it before, but to me the only thing worse than a romance is a period romance. Yet there were no harlequinesque steamy scenes. I love the cover. It beats the romance paperbacks I see a lot of people taking out at the library. They always have this big muscled guy with his shirt off and some voluptuous young maiden clinging to him as if should she let go she might disappear. Hogwash! That's one of the things that I liked about Elaine's characters. They were realistic, from the young woman who wants to help society, but she wants to paint as well, to the twisted chimney sweep who keeps trying to steal back "his boys". You can picture the handsome, the beautiful, the bucktoothed, the thin and scraggly, the dashing, but dangerous. It would be easy to modernize this because these characters are so realistic.

For those that missed the twist, I found it interesting for this woman to go from trying to influence her employer to get things done for the poor to becoming one of those influencial people herself.

Elaine, I and the rest of CFRB wish you the very best. I pray that you would do well, sell well, but more importantly, that you would reach people with the Gospel of Jesus because of this work.

Now for a treat. Laura Davis wasn't happy with just posting a couple of times. She was struggling with the powers that be to try and regain a lost interview. Well, between her persistence and the help of Elaine Lyons Bach, you can now read a new interview with Elaine. All you have to do is go to Christian Author Laura Davis and it's right there. Be sure to "tag" her by leaving a comment on her site. Remember, sometimes a comment is the only way we know you've visited our sites. So even if it's just "Hi, just dropped by for the tour," that's fine. It tells us you were there and took enough time to comment. I know that at least one of the members has a giveaway going on for those who post on her blog. So check out Laura's site.

David Brollier
CFRB co-founder

8 comments:

Robin Bayne said...

Quite a journey!

David said...

Thank you Robin. Can you comment on the way we conducted this tour? I'd appreciate the feedback. We tried something new, as I'm sure you noticed. Thanks.

David

Robin Bayne said...

It looks great, like it was a lot of fun. Do you think you had as much participation as usual?

David said...

We had fun too and I think in some ways we had more participation. Although there were few comments on the main site I expected that. The secondary goal was to get people to visit the other CFRB member sites. I think we achieved that. I think we'll try this again in Sept or so. If things keep going well we'll be able to go to a 2 tour a month schedule.

rose said...

Robin,you are enjoy and fun from this tour. Nice picture! are you take this snaps or only showing to people. I am very appreciate your feedback about your life. May god bless you. Thanks.
==================
rose786
Christian Drug Rehab

Christian Drug Rehab

sachi said...

fantastic.....it was a lot of fun.....

==================================
sachi

Christian Drug Rehab"
Christian Drug Rehab

Elaine said...

David, thank you for the kind comments. I see by the other blogs here that this tour was conducted differently than other tours you have done. All I know is all of the participants did a great job of finding links and background info on the internet. I only had to answer a few questions. This has all been very exciting and encouraging for me.
(unfortunately, I kept having problems with my Google account and posting. I am pretty sure it is cleared up now.
God bless you for all your hard work. Elaine

David said...

It has been my pleasure, and I'm sure the pleasure of all who participated in this tour. Hopefully we will be able to do another Tag Team Tour in the near future. For now, I think we'll stick with the regular tour and pray that God sends us people who will have a heart of ministry so we will be able to expand and do more. It has always been my desire to make CFRB the best review blog on the web. But the honor cannot go to me. It must always go to the Lord.

Pageviews past week