Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Saturday, April 11, 2009

SAVE MY CHILDREN, by Emily Wierenga









Saturday - I would like to end this tour by posting the poem Footprints in the Sand. I would also like to give credit to the author of this poem, but unfortunately there has been some dispute about this. That is most tragic. In any event I think the words of the poem speak to our hearts and are the soul of SAVE MY CHILDREN. I know many if not all have read this poem before, but I ask that you consider this home for children and think of it in a different light. God bless you all.

Footprints In the Sand

One night I dreamed
I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was one only.

This bothered me because
I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed
that during the most trying periods of my life
there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied,
“The years when you have seen
only one set of footprints,
my child, is when I carried you.”

(this version is attributed to Mary Stevenson, 1936)


Now consider the times of trials, the times when the Jespersens seemed to see only one set of footprints in the sand. The time when each child or adult seemed to feel only hardship and heartache. During these times I here Harvey and Elsie crying out, "Lord, surely You haven't left us to walk this valley alone?" During unbelievable pain I hear young voices asking, "God, if You really exist, where are You? Don't You care?" If His answer comes a bit slow, it isn't because He does not care, but because He is carrying you through the storms of life. He knows the pain you have to endure, yet so you might be able to persevere He has taken the pain upon Him. If you don't believe me, look at the scars in His hands. For it was on the cross that He carried your greatest burdens, defeated your most horrible nightmares, put to rest the pain and affliction you have even now so sharply felt. Know that He took it first upon Him that you might find your way through this dark valley into His glorious Light. So don't fret, or argue, or despair when things seem tough or burdensome. Instead praise God for lifting the weight of these times on His own shoulders ... because He loves you with an everlasting love.

You can find additional information, reviews and so forth by visiting the following sites:




Emily Wierenga, in additon to being a freelance writer, was once deeply involved in Bethany House for Children.

Learn more about Emily Wierenga by visiting her own website.

You can find informaton on purchasing her book at the following locations:

Amazon

Target

Castle Quay Books

Emily also has a links to Bethany House and Castle Quay Books on her homepage.

No comments:

Pageviews past week