Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Day of Prayer


Day of Prayer

It's the first Sunday of the month, and if you're used to coming here to see what book we will be touring and what we have to say about it, you're used to seeing my first post here. Well, CFRB has instituted a slight change that we hope will become something mighty for the Lord. We are going to scale back the tour of a book from 7 days to 6, but we are going to dedicate the first day, the Sunday before this tour, as a Day of Prayer. Now don't get the idea that we don't pray for these tours. It's just that we wanted to come together and have a special time when we would all be praying for these tours. We believe that by putting God first He will bless this ministry. For you see, CFRB is much more than a review blog, it is a ministry. We have seen many wonderful things over the years. People have come in and helped with setting some things up, and then they have moved on, but as they move on God replaces them with others who can do that task and even better help structure things. When we started we had no Preview Team to check for quality. The person responsible for that idea had to bow out because of personal responsiibilites, but immediately others stepped in to help. Another helps with the HTML codes for posts so that no member shouldn't have to spend a lot of time if all they were doing was a standard posts. These codes also assist the members who are doing reviews because we get the codes for the bottons to other reviewers. We have people contacting authors people who are contacted by authors, people who specifically pray, people who do many of the functions you'd never even think were necessary for a blog like this. I give God all the glory. I am not an executive type. I am not a very structured person, but God is using this minsitry to both structure and discipline my life. We are literally linked with people from New Zealand, across the United States and Canada and into Europe. This is God's doing, not mine. And so we begin this year with a prayer, a prayer of thanks for all that He has done over the several years that we have been in operation. We thank Him for THE WORDSMITH, THE KID, AND THE ELECTROLUX and for its author Clifford Leigh. We thank Him for one another. Did you know that we are from several denominational backgrounds and there have only been a couple that I've been aware of? This is important because denominations don't mean a whole lot. We come together as a team, as family, as one body in Christ Jesus. We are so thankful for that, and for the many, many blessings He has already given us.

Here is my short prayer for this tour. (This entire post has been written a couple of weeks in advance and will be scheduled by this blog program to post itself on Sunday Jan. 3 so that I will not have to do any work on that day but offer up prayer and praises for this tour at that time).

Dad, it's me again. I just wanted to tell you again how much I love you. I mean, you gave me the right to stand here in your presence, the right to call you my Father, my Dad. I can never thank you enough for that, nor can I thank your son Jesus enough for taking my place, for dying for my sin. That's just so awesome. So I just wanted you to know, right off, how much I love you, or at least let me know how much I love you, because I still forget sometimes. I still struggle with things, but Dad, thanks for giving me your Holy Spirit to help me through those times. Now I have a special prayer Father. It's really not for me, but for this tour of THE WORDSMITH, THE KID, AND THE ELECTROLUX, by Clifford Leigh. I'm sure you've read it. Okay, you helped him write it. Anyway God, would you bless this tour, not so that this blog would become special, and oddly not even so Cliff's book would become famous, but bless this tour so that your name and the name of your Son would be magnified in the eyes of those who haven't thought about Him much. It's all about you Lord. This tour, our lives, it's all about You. If we aren't making an impact for You, then tell us and we can go about finding what it is You do want us to do. So far, I think this is something that makes You happy. And because it makes You happy it makes me happy. I just want to do more. I want to see people's lives change because someone had the strength of your character in them to write down in their works about You, and we were privileged to tour those works and tell others about you. So make Yourself known. Shine brightly over each day of the tour, even starting today. Thanks Dad. It's great to not only have the right to come here and speak with You, but know that You want what's best for me and for my brothers and sisters in Christ. So I know that You have already answered my prayer. I'll be talking to you soon, telling You about the specific miracles that You've are going to bring about during this tour. Amen.

(IMPORTANT
The Christian Fiction Review Blog (known as CFRB) is a ministry that promotes quality Christian fiction in order that the Gospel of Jesus Christ may be shared with others who might hear it in a context that they would appreciate and understand. Each book is "previewed" in order to maintain the quality and content of the book. Books that are accepted for blog tours are given to the members by the author to review, according to the number of members
requesting a copy. It is the belief and practice of CFRB to post positive reviews as a type of payment for these books. However, I want to emphasize again that these books first go through a preview stage where they are deemed of a high enough quality to tour.)

2 comments:

cathikin said...

Amen

David said...

Thanks Cathi. This year I've been impressed that if we are going to call this a ministry then we need to start putting God first. Maybe you already do this in your life, but do we do this corporately? I'm hoping that with "The Day of Prayer" we will all get on the same page as God and see the results of His blessings. God bless.

Pageviews past week