Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Day of Prayer

Sunday June 6th - We come to yet another week of touring. The Christian Fiction Review Blog is always happy to tour books by such dedicated Christians, especially those whose message is precise and clear. While we are taking a trip into fantasy I thin you will find the message just as clear as can be. That isn't the point of this day, this day just prior to the tour. For on this day we address the real reason for CFRB, and that is to ministry, to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, specifically though works of quality Christian fiction. On this day we come together, we set this special time apart for this tour, this ministry, for one another. For we are but servants of the Lord. We aren't special, although God has made us greater than special. Still it is Him in us, not we that is special. This day, this very special day of prayer, we set aside to remember what is important. It's not me or the rest of CFRB. It's not even the authors and these great books we tour, but we come to honor the Author and Finisher of our Faith, even Jesus Christ. Won't you spend a few moments and join with us.

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the name of Your precious Son, Jesus, my Lord, my Savior. We pray that You be lifted up, that You be honored in all we say and do. This is my prayer, my desire. This blog can whither up and blow away and no one will take notice. The churches and denominations of the world can crumble and fall without making much of a commotion. Yet You oh Lord, You are the life and breath in all we do. You are the foundation on which we build our lives, our eternity. You are the Holy One, our Refuge, our Strength, our Shield. During this tour I do not ask that you make CFRB shine, but that the glory of who You are will blaze through this dark world so that many might find their way to You and to Your great salvation. That is my prayer Father. And I thank You for honoring Yourself by hearing and answering this prayer and all the prayers of Your people. Amen.

No comments:

Pageviews past week