Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Saturday, June 12, 2010

STARLIGHTER, by Bryan Davis


Saturday, June 12th - The Creator and the Black Dragon

The two worlds now collide, that of Major Four and of Starlight. Both have this in common, there are those who would believe and pay homage to the Black Dragon, and others who would worship only the Creator. We witness some interesting dialog between Koren and the Black Dragon (within the Black Egg), and I invite you to hear the discourse between this supposed Savior of Dacon and of Koren, who believes in the Creator. It seems to hinge on the definition of love.

In 1 John 4:8 we read the words "...God is love." If this is true, then what would He be saying to Koren were He inside this Black Egg? Ah, there is the true test, and there Koren passes the final tribulation in her spirit. We need to recognize that there are two forces in this world, one that is good and just and holy, and one that is evil and malicious and unholy in every manner. Take all the characters in our story and have them suddenly come to understand that this Word of God is True, "The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I (that is Jesus) come to give you life."

Is it really that simple? Can that matter be that black and white? Absolutely, yet as I mentioned in yesterday's post, be aware that the enemy, the true enemy, will masquerade as an "angel of light". I have witnessed, firsthand, various deceits taught among the people. Some have said that Jesus and Satan join together for the same purpose of salvation. Others, seeing the many Christians who have a religious spirit and not the Spirit of God, and have concluded that some other god must be the true god. The lines have been drawn. We are either with Jason in the bowls of Major Four searching for the Gateway or with Koren, standing our ground against the evil before us. Whatever, we are in a war. Mark that, my friend. Whether you are a Christian or not, you are in a great spiritual war. How you make your choices, how you press on or stand on the sidelines tells the world which side you are on. More to the point, it shows the Heavenly Father which side you are on. Tragically there are many who call themselves Christian who shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. Likewise, there are many who do not call themselves Christians, but have called out to the only True and Holy God that they might be saved, and these shall indeed find their place in the Household of God. Which are you? What kind of fruit are you bearing in your life? Whose side are you really fighting for?

Be sure to visit Bryan Davis at his sight. The following link will take you right to his Starlighter page: STARLIGHTER You can, of course browse through the rest of his site, which I highly suggest.


Due to problems with obtaining STARLIGHTER we only have 3 people, that I know of doing reviews, and one of them may not be able to post until later in the week. Here are the CFRB members giving reviews
Bibliophile's Retreat
Reviews by Buuklvr81
The Words of David




Other purchase sites are as follows:











And for a peek inside:





Important: Legally I have to inform you that I received this novel freely for the express purpose of writing a review. I suppose the reason they want me to mention this is so that you will understand that I didn't pay for the book, and my views on how good it is may be somewhat subjective. I can tell you that my reviews found here are both objective and not very traditional. Rarely do I review a book that doesn't deserve to be given the greatest exposure, and while my name may be unfamiliar to many, it can be truthfully said that the whole point for me is to show people that Jesus loves them. If I can do that, if this book does this, then I will gratefully take the opportunity to do so and I make no apologies for it, or for the books I review. CFRB traditionally previews these works before they are even turned over to the rest of the members for posting reviews. We do this to check on a number of things, not the least of which is their outstanding quality.

No comments:

Pageviews past week