Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

LEGENDARY SPACE PILGRIMS, by Grace Bridges


"Why doesn't the Voice ever speak to me?" Caitlyn moans at one point in the book. I expected Grace to have this Voice speak to her at a later time, "when she was more receptive". Yet this bold author pulled a fast one on me, and I love it. "I speak to you with words," the Voice explains to Mario, "but to her I speak through her emotions." We see the Voice directing her through her emotions and that direction being verified through the words spoken to Mario. This made the story so much more rich and realistic to me.

Did you know this concept is true, not necessarily limiting it to two ways of speaking, and not always divided up on the gender lines like it is here, but God created us as individuals and only He knows how to speak to us so we will hear (although most of the time we don't). I know I can hear God in the words of a work of fiction or even while watching a movie, and not it doesn't have to be a Christian movie. God uses who I am and what I do to speak to me, although God also will speak to me in other ways as well. The upshot is that while God is speaking to His other children He is doing so differently, because each one of us is different, and yet, we all end up hearing the same message. Isn't that marvelous? Yet, we've seen this before. If you will look at the 2nd chapter of the book of Acts where the Holy Spirit fell on the 120 who tarried in prayer you will see this. From every known nation on earth the Jews who were celebrating the Passover heard them. They heard these people speaking in their own tongue (not 120 different languages, but each heard them praising God in their own language AT THE SAME TIME). Too often we limit God. I think Legendary Space Pilgrims helps to break some of our preconceived ideas that limit Him so we can begin to see just how great He really is...or at least catch a glimpse.

Grace is the owner and editor of Splashdown Books. She's a Kiwi of Irish descent living in beautiful New Zealand, and a chocaholic cat-lovin' Trekkie, Jesus freak, web designer, and all-round DIY gal who also takes care of the Lost Genre Guild Blog. Visit Grace's Blog for links to all her interests.


Purchase Legendary Space Pilgrims from
Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Splashdown Books.

Check out these other member blogs this week for more info.

No comments:

Pageviews past week