Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Thursday, October 07, 2010

LEGENDARY SPACE PILGRIMS, by Grace Bridges


More on the Voice. As I thought about it, Grace Bridges teaches more than just a Voice that speaks to us. We learn of the many other voices we also hear, some of them line up with the Voice, while others do not. The most obvious is when Mario and Caitlyn are in the Mindwipe facility. There they both hear another voice, a recording or something, telling them how worthless they are. Later on we get other, more subtle, examples. For instance Mario follows his own voice on occasion, as does Caitlyn. Then there are the voices of the Baxters and the various members on Viva. Sometimes they line up with the Voice, while other times they are deceptively leading Mario and Caitlyn away from the true mission Voice has for them.

To me, this is all too familiar. We live in a world of many voices. Some are in line with God's voice, but others are either outright opposing God's voice or so deceptive it's hard to tell the difference. The only way to know the true voice of God is to spend time with God in prayer and the reading and studying of the Bible, for the Bible is the Voice of God. Jesus told His disciples "My sheep know My voice and they follow Me." I had a problem with that Scripture for the longest time. I wanted to know what the voice of the Shepherd sounded like. Then, at a time when I really needed to know this God directed me back to John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." I realized then that the Bible is the Voice of the Shepherd. The Bible is the Voice, the Word of God. When things line up with the Bible I know it to be Him speaking. I'm still learning, because the enemy can be very deceptive. I'm learning about the authority I have in Jesus, and I'm learning that when the Bible talks about Satan being the accuser of the brethren it is very literal. I have felt the accusing words of the enemy, pointing out each and every one of my faults. Yet in Christ all these faults have been washed away. They don't hold power over me. I am free to follow the true Voice, the Voice of God, His Word. Yet I am only as successful as I am obedient to His Voice and can only hear God as well as I have placed His Word in my heart.

As we go through Legendary Space Pilgrims we see Mario and Caitlyn going through a process of getting to know this Voice, getting to know their responsibility to the Voice, getting to know the authority they have when they have the Voice in them. They realize that they can forget the Voice if they don't keep repeating them. We are much the same. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. When we stop reading the Bible we often forget the voice of God and then we fall into all kinds of problems. We must continue to remind ourselves of what God says by reading His Word and listening for His voice in those words. Then, and only then, will our faith grow and we can live victorious. And just like Mario and Caitlyn, this is going to be a process, not something that happens overnight. Yet our attitude, our choice to be Godly can start right now, even if it takes a lifetime to master. In the meantime we walk in Christ. He is our spacepod through a life of adventures and learning, so that, in the end, we might become like Him.

Grace is the owner and editor of Splashdown Books. She's a Kiwi of Irish descent living in beautiful New Zealand, and a chocaholic cat-lovin' Trekkie, Jesus freak, web designer, and all-round DIY gal who also takes care of the Lost Genre Guild Blog. Visit Grace's Blog for links to all her interests.


Purchase Legendary Space Pilgrims from
Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Splashdown Books.

Check out these other member blogs this week for more info.

No comments:

Pageviews past week