Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Monday, March 07, 2011

In the meantime



While we go through our reconstruction period it occurred to me that there are some Christian movies that I could review. So with your permission (or if you will indulge me) I'd like to review a number of good Christian movies I've seen recently. After all these are also works of Christian Fiction.




Now I'm not going to try to remember actors' names or even the characters as I may not have seen these recently, but these movies have all had a great impact on me. FACING THE GIANTS is a story about a high school football team, their coach, and how that fits in with God's plans. The story begins with the coach going through just about every problem imaginable, and that following a defeat that lost the team a bid for the championship. The car breaks down and there's some stink in the house he and his wife can't seem to identify. We begin to learn almost at once that this isn't a football movie, not really. In fact it isn't until the coach releases all his cares and burdens into the hands of God, the football team included, that things start to come together. Through a lot of prayer, a lot of self-examination, the story picks up and shows us what real commitment really means.

I could sit here and tell you all about FACING THE GIANTS, but you want a review, not to be told every little thing about it. The acting is done very well, at least I though so, and while there are a few Christian "cookie cutter" moments, the movie is embracing, compelling, challenging and one of the best Christian films I've ever seen. Can someone say "Victory in Jesus"?

Personally I give this move a solid 4 star rating, possibly more. So if you want to watch something tonight and would like a positive retreat from all the garbage on TV you might try renting FACING THE GIANTS. Then consider the giants in your life and ask yourself, "Am I really committed to letting God slay the giants in my life?"

So where can you buy this movie (if you don't borrow it from the library)?
ChristianBook.Com
Amazon.Com

No comments:

Pageviews past week