Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pray for this Man




Pray for this man. His name is Harold Camping. Maybe you have heard of him. This is not a post that has to do with books, reviews or writing, but has to do with the spiritual welfare of people around the world, and it has to do with the spiritual welfare of Harold Camping.

I am not going to lash out at this man. I do not hate him, although I found his monotone voice really boring as a kid growing up. Boring doesn't mean a whole lot. There are plenty of people who are boring (to me, and I'm sure you have your own set of boring people. Maybe I'm one of them). My dad worked as a volunteer for WFME 94.7 out of West Orange, NJ (I think that's where they are). My dad is also in his 80s, but he's nothing like Mr. Camping. The joy of the Lord is my dad's strength.

I wasn't going to do this, but let me put up a picture of my dad to go along with Mr. Camping's. You can see the difference in their faces. Neither has to say a word and you learn something of them already.



(That's my mom with my dad). Can you see the difference? Can you see the twinkle in his eye, the joy that radiates even in a photo. It's quite the contrast between the photo of Mr. Camping.

Okay, let me get back to my main thoughts. Over the years I've heard a lot about Mr. Camping. I know his teachings and have had people recently asking me about his latest prophecy of the Rapture and the End of the World. I could simply say the man is a liar, but I'm not sure it is as simple as that. I could say that he is mistaken, but I think it goes further than that.

I did some research and here are a few facts to consider.

Camping teaches that all churches have become apostate and thus must be abandoned. He encourages personal Bible study and listening to his Family Radio broadcasts.

This sets the stage for self-deception and false-teaching. We find that Harold Camping really hasn't submitted himself to anyone. His life is marked by departures, where he systematically removed himself from teachings and people he did not agree with. Wikipedia lists the following:

Departing from Calvinist doctrine, Camping teaches a relative free will for humanity and that humans are not totally depraved. However, he subscribes to the idea that salvation is unmerited, cannot be achieved by good works or prayer, and is a pure act of God's grace.

Departing from the doctrine of eternal torment for the unsaved in a place called Hell, Camping teaches annihilationism; that life will end and existence will cease for the unsaved soul.

Departing from doctrines stating no one can know the time of Christ's second coming, he teaches that the exact times of the Rapture and the End of the World are to be revealed sometime towards the end of time (Daniel 12:9-13 prophecy).

Now, while he is free to believe in any way he chooses, having made himself a teacher, and an absolute teacher of Truth, he must bear the mantle of responsibility for his teachings.

Because he does not, but rather has departed from all authority over him, from the accountability of others, from the Truth of God's Word, he has fallen into several different false teachings. Look at what he says about other churches:

Camping teaches that all churches have become apostate and thus must be abandoned. He encourages personal Bible study and listening to his Family Radio broadcasts.

This is cultic thinking, not Christian thinking.

I began thinking of Harold Camping's prediction that the Rapture would take place today around 6 PM. I laughed at first, then got a little angry, but now I am filled with sorrow, sorrow for those who will be deceived and possibly lose their salvation over this, and sorrow for Mr. Camping himself.

It is with this heart of sadness that I ask you to join me in praying for Mr. Harold Camping, and for those who have blindly followed him. Pray that God would soften this man's heart to receive Him and His Word. Pray that the blindfold of deceit would be removed from his eyes so that he might be truly saved and can begin to try to undo some of the harm he has caused.

Again, I am not angry with Mr. Camping, for Scripture says that we aren't at war with flesh and blood, but our enemies are those spirits found in all areas of society, particularly in those who have attained authority. As my pastor says, "It's not the person we are to fight against, but the spirit that is motivating that person." Mr. Camping has been motivated by demons to the point where he has made himself an enemy of God. So pray. Pray that he will see what he has done and return to the Heavenly Father. This is my desire, my prayer. On May 22nd I fear he may attempt suicide, if not this evening. That's not a prediction, but a feeling, an anticipation of how he may react to his prophecy not coming to pass. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. In any event he needs our prayers. So please pray. - David Brollier (May 21, 2011)

No comments:

Pageviews past week