Join CFRB on Yahoo

DVD Review



I apologize for not being more active, but not having other reviewers or books to review, it's been a little difficult. However I want to let you know about this wonderful DVD "God's Not Dead." Working at the library I found it on our shelves and took it home. When I brought it back I raved about it. I wanted to take it out again, but it seems word gets around. It's always on hold for someone else. That's great.

The opening scene is in a freshman college philosophy class. The professor states he is an atheist, and asks that if everyone will sign a paper with 3 little words on it he can dispense of the dust and get to the subject. Those 3 words are "God Is Dead." One student cannot sign that. He is given 3 chances to argue the case of the existence of God before the class.

Fueled by hate on one side and a determined love of God on the other this is not your simple movie. The poor kid researches and goes off on a journey of his own to state his case. The end is nothing short of amazing. I guess telling people stuff like this is one of the reasons I can't get a hold of it a second time. It's really that good.

For more you can go here:
http://godsnotdeadthemovie.com/synopsis

To purchase a copy try these links:
Amazon
ChristianBook.com
Barnes & Noble

May our Lord be with you now and always. Remember, God is in control, even when things look like they're crashing all around you. David

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Some Have Entertained Angels, by James Robert Wilson


One of the final things I'd like to make about Some Have Entertained Angels, by James Robert Wilson, is that not everyone has the same talents. In fact we all have differing talents, although some may be similar to others and will overlap still more. (I'm trying to do these reviews after my own fashion, so I can tell you what's in there without telling you what's written in there and giving the story away.)

Consider military forces engaged in conflict. Are all ground soldiers? Even among them are they all snipers, or radiomen, or medics? Doesn't the military have need of all of these, as well as airman and naval personnel, whose jobs are equally varied? So why must we insist that Christians all be like one another? Scripture teaches us, in several places and by different human authors, that we are all members of One Body. The Holy Spirit gives us gifts, the Son gives us offices, the Father gives the orders. We are all different for a reason, and one way to achieve victory is to stop insisting others become like you, or trying to become like someone else. We must ask God to make us into the kind of warrior He wants.

In our story we find Reg and Rebecca have different talents. They even hold different ranks, but fighting together they become unbeatable (with Angel and Angela, and of course God). As they let God create them into the person they were meant to be, sometimes using hurtful memories of the past, he walks them through to a different, new, and vibrant life, where they are a warrior unlike any other on the battlefield. This is how we are to be. We are to realize that our ultimate strength is God and God alone, and beyond that we are to allow God to mold us into that which He has already predetermined we should be. In this there is not only personal victory, but victory for the rest of the army. We will stop killing off our own soldiers and help the wounded off the field. God sends His medics to care for the wounded. So if you find encouraging someone to be more to your personality than preaching, perhaps it's because you are one of these medics. Or perhaps you are one of God's heroes who will go into the throes of battle and carry away the wounded to safety. Don't try to become someone you are not. Let God create you to be the person He wishes you to be. Always remember, the ultimate victory was already achieved through the death of Jesus on the cross. Now that almost gets back to my last review on humbling ourselves. Hmmm. Maybe I should have stayed there a bit longer.

Needless to say there is so much in this book that you can't help but enjoy it and be enriched by it. I want to thank James Robert Wilson personally for this book, and for helping me in my spiritual walk through pointing me to the Word of God in places that I really needed to see God speaking to me in. Thank you. For the rest of you, pick up this book and be enriched and encouraged yourselves.


Unfortunately I was not able to find a website for James Robert Wilson. You can find his book for sale on the following sites:



Legal notice: I received this book in order to write and publish a review. My review is seen, even by me, as payment for such a service. However, let me hasten to state that this in no way diminishes what I've written. If I say a book is awesome, then I found it to be so and believe others will as well.

No comments:

Pageviews past week