Join CFRB on Yahoo

Friday, July 05, 2013

Full Disclosure, by Dee Henderson

Full Disclosure, by Dee Henderson


For some idiot reason I was surprised to find Full Disclosure on our library's shelf.  I mean I read the whole O'Malley series, as well as her books about people in the armed forces.  (I wasn't so thrilled with them, but that's probably because I was drawn into the O'Malley's world.  I knew she was a full time writer, and yet I was reading works by other writers.  See, I like suspense, mystery, not so much romance.  Dee seems to make the two work together in ways other writers thought would be old hat.  She's anything but old hat. 

Well, like it or not, she's done it again.  This is a romance wrapped around a suspenseful mystery in a way that pays tribute to both genres.  Also, in case you haven't noticed, most romance novels have at the very least included some form of suspense.  Dee does it very well.

There are two cases running side by side, but one of them is a cold case, and it seems like the murderer is playing with them.  Special Agent in Charge, Paul Falcon, and Ann Sliver, are the two destined, by Dee Henderson, to hook up.  Their backgrounds are different.  Their habits are different.  And yet they are drawn towards each other.  Ann Silver is also a cop, as well as a writer.  don't be surprised if you see some O'Malley names popping up.

The main case, a cold case, where the "lady shooter" has executed 30 people over the years.  She's done it cleanly, and no one really knows her name.  Plus she bounces around the world that even if you knew where she was at a given time, by the time you got there she'd be long gone.  However, with help from Ann and the Vice President, they start to get tapes proving someone has ordered her for the hit.  Making the tape was part of the agreement.  Handing them over to the authorities wasn't.  And just when you think you have things figured out it flips around on you.  That's what I like about a good mystery..

Don't forget to visit her HOME page. 

You can find out more information as well as purchase her book at:




For those of you who visit Amazon and want to listen to a portion of the book being read, which I think is a great feature, ;just remember that when the reader says "Sam and Kate" it should be Sam and Rita, two agents that work closely with Paul.

P.S.  When I wrote my first mystery, The 3rd Covenant, I wrote it realistically, profanity and all.  I had a number of people telling me that wasn't the way to go.  Then I read Dee Henderson.  Her work convinced me that the readers could fill in the blanks and I didn't have to write out profanity.  For that I am grateful.  Thanks again, Dee.






1 comment:

Tia said...

Cool!

Pageviews past week